Welcome to P7!
P7 Autumn Term 2023
Here is a quick insight to what P7 will be covering in the Autumn Term, in Literacy, Numeracy and WAU.
P7 will be covering the following objectives in their writing :
* Narrative - Suspense/Thriller based on Halloween.
* Instructions - How to make and work their own inventions.
* Persuasive - Pupil Parliament speeches.
* Poetry - Christmas theme - shape/acrostic poems.
* Formal letters to Principal re: Head Boy/Girl position.
P7 will be covering the following objectives in their grammar:
* Revision - Main terms - nouns, adjectives, adverbs, verbs, pronouns, basic punctuation.
* Connectives (including time connectives).
* Past/present tense.
* Reported speech/Direct speech.
* 1st/3rd person.
* Comparative language.
We will also be continuing to work hard with our reading, handwiriting and spellings.
P7 will be covering the following objectives in their Numeracy:
* Place Value – Read and write numbers to 1,000,000.
Read, write and order tenths and hundredths.
Read, write and order decimals to 3 dp.
* Multiples and factors – Explore and understand these terms.
* Addition and subtraction – Develop vertical + and – through formal recording.
Understand + is the inverse of -.
Extend + and – to beyond 1000.
Add and subtract tenths/hundredths.
* Multiplication – Have quick recall of tables up to 10 x 10
X and ÷ by 10 and 100.
Extend multiplication to a 2 digit/3 digit number by a 2 digit number.
* Division – Develop quick recall within 100.
Extend division to any 2/3 digit number by a single digit.
Investigate dividing a number by 10 or 100.
Divide a number by a single digit to answers with up to 2 dp.
We will also be continuing to practise our table and mental maths skills, as well as work hard in our Mathletics.
WAU - Inventions & Ingenuity
P7 will be covering the following objectives in their WAU:
* To know a variety of inventors and what they were famous for inventing.
* To investigate some of the greatest inventions of all time and to know when in time they were created.
* To investiagte how inventions have developed and changed over time, whether for the better or worse.
* To design and create their own inventions.
* To consider how technology will change in the future.