Welcome to all our amazing P1 children and families!
We are very excited to start this journey with you at our fantastic school. An array or learning opportunies, adventures and experiences await you this year.
Our focus while the pupils settle in during the month of September will be
- establishing new routines
- introduction of school rules and procedures
- exploring areas of indoor and outdoor play
- establishing new friendships
- developing early pre-writing skills
- developing fine and gross motor skills
- recognising and naming feelings
- lots of phonological awareness
- talking and listening opportunities
- visual discrimination work
- road safety
- song / dance / action rhymes
- P.E. and games
- daily story time
A busy, safe, fun learning environment for everyone!
In October this class page will be updated again with details of what we will be covering in each topic area.