*** School opens after half-term on Thursday 21 February 2019. Closed on Mon 18 March for St Patrick’s Day***
Welcome to Ballycastle Integrated Primary School. Thank you for considering entrusting your child to our care. Your child’s well-being and happiness is paramount to us. Children are at the heart of our school and we believe that everyone should feel valued.
As children learn best when they feel happy, we in Ballycastle Integrated Primary School, believe that developing high self-esteem is essential. Parents, pupils and staff all play an important part in our school.
We have a child centred approach to education – taking account of all our pupils’ needs and abilities, ensuring that they experience success and grow in confidence.
Our school officially became an Integrated School on 1st September 2007. As an integrated school, pupil intake and staff composition reflects the religious make up of the local community. Our current enrolment is 43% Catholic, 42% Protestant & 15% other or no religion. The Board of Governors consists of 14 members and reflects the religious balance with in the school.
Our building has been refurbished and our modern Nursery Unit provides 26 full time funded places in a purpose built suite. The establishment onsite of an Autism Support Centre & Learning Support Centre is currently being explored.
By visiting Ballycastle Integrated Primary School, you will better appreciate our ethos - evident in the pride our pupils and staff take in our school. We look forward to welcoming you and your child into our school family.
Ballycastle Integrated Primary School News
- Today we welcomed Amanda Scott from the Simon Community to our school Assembly.
- School closes on Fri 15 Feb at 2pm for half term.......
- Mr Kinney from St Patrick's and St Brigid's has organised the final John Muir Award P7 workshops for Wed 13 and Thurs 14 Feb 2019. On Wed the children will walk to St P & B and return to school for 11.30am. No snack needed. Wear school uniform please.
- Due to unforeseeable circumstances there will be no Lollipop man on duty today.
- This week's Friday treat is our walk to the beach and pebble painting back in school. This is weather dependent but we have a back up plan if it is wet!!!